OHSAS 18001:2007 – Occupational health and safety management system
OHSAS 18001 standard is almost identical to ISO 14001; it has the same methodology and general structure, but it takes into consideration workers’ health, therefore implementing such a system in an organization already ISO 14001 certified will be very easy.
This standard presents the requirements of a management system that allows organizations to be able to control the health and security risks and to improve management performance.
Benefits of implementation and certification of OHSAS:
- reducing and controlling the health and security risks;
- improving management performance by implementing OHSAS management program;
- compliance with all legal requirements and stakeholders requirements regarding to health and security risks;
- improving connections with the social environment because it promotes a healthy and safe working environment;
- improving connections with economic environment, implementation and certification of ocupational health and safety management system beeing a contractual requirement more pronounced on the national and international market;
- reducing the risks of work accidents by developing emergency plans, staff training and implementation of those plans through simulations.